Our Galvanized Steel Pipes are coated by zinc that protects the steel from corrosion. They can be used on both commercial and residential areas, including water systems, fencing, air conditioning (HVAC), handrails and guardrails, etc. To satisfy customers' needs, we offer several of shapes of steel and two types of materials of your choice.
Galvanized steel pipe is a steel pipe that has been coated with zinc. This coating protects the steel from corrosion. It is most commonly used for outdoor construction like fences and handrails, or for some interior plumbing. It is also sometimes called galvanized iron pipe.
The process of galvanization was first discovered by scientists in the 1770s, nearly 60 years before it was finally introduced in the 1830s. French engineer Stanislaus Tranquille Modeste Sorel took out the first patent for the process in 1837 and began manufacturing it soon after. By the 1850s, Europe was producing galvanized steel out of manufacturing plants located around the continent. The United States followed shortly thereafter, opening its first plant in the 1870s.
To create galvanized steel pipe, steel materials are placed into a molten bath of zinc. This process is also called hot dip galvanization. The two metals are chemically bound to one another in this process, and will therefore never separate, resulting in a more resistant and longer lasting version of steel.
Specifications of Galvanized Steel Pipe:
1) Standard: ASTM A53, BS1387-85, GB/T3091-08, DIN2440, JIS-G3444, EN10255
2) Grade: Q195, Q215, Q235, Q345, S235JR, S275JR, STK400, STK500
3)Type & Zinc Coating:
Hot dip galvanized steel pipe (zinc coating: 60g/m2 - 275g/m2)
Pre-painted galvanized steel pipe (zinc coating: 80g/m2 - 275g/m2)
4) Outside diameter:
Round pipe: 17mm - 273mm
Square pipe:15mm x 15mm - 400mm x 400mm
Rectangular pipe: 10mm x 20mm -200mm x 400mm
5) Wall thickness:
Round pipe: 0.6mm - 12mm
Square pipe:0.6mm - 20mm
Rectangular pipe: 0.6mm - 20mm
Packaging of Galvanized Steel Pipe
Shanghai Metal Products are packed and labeled according to the regulations and customer's requests. Great care is taken to avoid any damage which might be caused during storage or transportation. In addition, clear labels are tagged on the outside of the packages for easy identification of product and quality information.
1) Shanghai Metal Standard
Shanghai Metal Corporation provides standard seaworthy packaging to global customers. Usually the tubes are packed in bundles, wrapped by plastic bags, fixed by steel strips, and then placed in a container with steel wire fixing. All these packing details are to ensure your goods will be safely delivered to your hands.
Here are some of the information to help you choose and use Galvanized Steel Pipe:
1) Can be used for carrying water.
2) Commonly used as fencing, scaffolding frame, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) on both commercial and residential areas; it can also be used in bridgework and business to make handrail and guardrail, because of its resistance to corrosion, and the strength and durability.
3) Costs more than black steel pipe because of the zinc coating and manufacturing process involved in producing galvanized pipe.
4) Long life time: because of its extreme rigidity and strength, it has a lifespan of 40 years.
Applications of Galvanized Steel Pipe:
1) Mechanical & manufacture
2) Steel structure
5) Automobile chassis