CORTEN Steel, also known as Weathering Steel, Corrosion Resistance Steel or anti-corrosion steel, features by its mix of standard steel and alloys that offer natural corrosion resistance, including metals like copper, nickel, and chromium, which helps to protect the steel from corrosion-related damage over time. SMC are delighted to provide weathering steel in sheet and coil.
Weathering steel is popularly used in outdoor sculptures, such as in the large Chicago Picasso sculpture, which stands in the plaza of the Daley Center Courthouse in Chicago, which is also constructed of the same COR-TEN steel and as exterior facades, for its rustic antique appearance.
Specifications of CORTEN Steel:
1) Thickness: 0.5mm - 20.0mm
2) Width: 50mm/1000mm/1800mm
3) Length: According to request
Mechanical Properties of CORTEN Steel:
Steel Grade of Corten Steel:
Packaging of CORTEN Steel
Shanghai Metal Products are packed and labeled according to the regulations and customer's requests. Great care is taken to avoid any damage which might be caused during storage or transportation. In addition, clear labels are tagged on the outside of the packages for easy identification of the product I. D. and quality information.
1) Shanghai Metal Standard
Applications of CORTEN Steel:
1) Railway train, dining car, reefer car, etc.
2) Stamping piece and decoration piece
3) Transportation manufacturing
4) Tanks, Architectural roof, Landscape
5) Sculpture, Facades, wall cladding
6) Architectural structure, like bridge, tower, oil derrick, harbor structure, chimneys, tubular bridges